JAIL MAIL RULES & REGULATIONS
Effective January 1, 2018 for the safety and security of the inmates and the Department of the Jail, all INCOMING and OUTGOING mail, with the EXCEPTION of privileged/legal mail must be in the form of a PRE-STAMPED POST CARD ONLY.
Any letters/packages not meeting these criteria will be returned to the postal service to be handled as per their rules and regulations. Other restrictions which may cause the pre-stamped post cards to be returned to the sender include, but are not limited to:
1. All postcards must meet the following requirements:
- Postcard size- minimum: 3 1/2" X 4 1/4" and no larger than 4 1/4" X 6"
- Must be Pre-stamped
- Must include inmates' full name and inmate pin number
- Must include a complete return address.
2. Unacceptable postcards not meeting the requirements will be RETURNED TO THE SENDER
- Defaced or altered postcards
- Staples, plastic or any type of wrappings on the postcards
- Postcards marked with paint, marker, fingernail polish, crayon or colored pencil
- Postcards with stains or watermarks
- Postcards with ANY lipstick, perfumes or biohazards
- Postcards depicting nudity, weapons, gang references or that are tattoo suggestive
- Over-sized postcards
- Post cards that have any type of personal pictures/photographs attached to it
- Any additional material that may jeopardize the security or orderly running of the facility