The Marion County Sheriff’s Office is pleased to offer Internet access to public records and other information. Users should be aware of the following:
(1) This information is provided as a courtesy and a public service for educational or informational purposes. While the Sheriff’s Office has attempted to preserve the accuracy of the online versions of the information, the information displayed is not official and the Sheriff will not be responsible for any inaccuracies that may be encountered. Any person or entity that relies on any information obtained from this Web site does so at his, her or its own risk.
(2) This information is not a replacement for the original records nor is it intended to be legal advice. Rather, parties should refer to the printed version of the records, independently verify the accuracy of the information or consult an attorney.
(3) This information is provided AS IS. Without waiving any other defenses or immunities provided by law, the Sheriff’s Office: (a) makes no guarantees concerning the information contained in this Web site, including the accuracy, currency, or content of such information; (b) is not responsible for the results of any defects or misinformation that may be found to exist in this site; and (c) disclaims all warranties with regard to this information, including all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for particular purpose. In no event shall the Sheriff’s Office be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits, whether in an action of contract, negligence or other action, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of this information.
(4) Any person or entity using this information hereby releases, acquits and forever discharges the Sheriff’s Office and its officers, agents and employees from any and all claims, actions, causes of action, demands, rights, damages, costs, loss of services, expenses and compensation whatsoever, known or unknown, now existing or hereafter acquired (individually and collectively the “Claims”), which such person or entity may have or which may hereafter accrue, on account of or in any way growing out this site or the information contained herein. This specifically includes, without limitation, any such Claims which arise of the negligence of the persons released or any of them.
(5) The Marion County Sheriff’s Office maintains all immunities provided by law including, without limitation, the limits of liability found in Section 768.28, Florida Statutes.
(6) This site contains references or hyperlinks to other sites and information located on the Internet. The Sheriff’s Office has no control over such sites and information, makes no guarantees concerning such sites and information (including the accuracy, currency, content, or quality of any such sites and information) and does not endorse any content or products that may be found or referred on those sites.
(7) Communications made by email to this site or to the Sheriff’s Office shall in no way be deemed to constitute legal notice to the Sheriff’s Office or any of its employees with respect to any existing or potential claim or cause of action against the Sheriff’s Office or any of its employees, where notice is required by any federal, state, or local laws, rules, or regulations.
Privacy Notice: Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.