TEEN DRIVER CHALLENGE
You can register by calling the Teen Driver Challenge Line: 352-369-6766 at 8:00 a.m. on weekdays - two weeks PRIOR to the course date. Dates will be open until the class if full.
TDC will be held on the following dates:
Feb. 23 - 24
March 2 - 3
April 20 - 21
May 4 - 5
* All calls received before 8:00 a.m. on the registration date will not be accepted.
* This is a recorded line – you must leave a detailed message for registration.
* All registrations will be taken in the order that the calls are received.
* Class size is limited to 14 students.
To expedite your enrollment process, the following procedures must be completed:
- Please complete the Student Information Form.
- Please complete the TDC Parent release-Student statement two page form. They must be signed and notarized.
- Please complete the TDC Students Statement Form one page form. It must be signed and notarized.
- Please complete the TDC Vehicle Owner Statement and Release one page form. It must be signed and notarized.
- Please provide a copy of the student’s driver’s license, copies of the registration and current insurance of the vehicle to be used. Please attach to the Owner’s Statement form.
- Also, please fill out the Seatbelt Convincer Hold Harmless Agreement.
- The student must provide a vehicle for the driving exercises. We recommend that the vehicle should be the one they will drive most of the time.
- The vehicle must be in a good mechanical condition. All equipment on the vehicle must work. Tires and brakes need to be in a better than average condition. A vehicle inspection will be performed on every vehicle before the driving exercises begin.
- For information and directions on the course, please review this form: 2016 Teen Driver Challenge Course
Directions to Marion County Sheriff’s Office Operations Center
From State Road 40, you turn onto SW 30th Avenue, proceed less than a ¼ mile and the “South Entrance” will be on the left hand side. As you turn into the entrance, you will see the jail on the right side and our Fleet Department on the left side. Keep going straight and the road veers to the left. You will see the Main Operations Center. Look for the circular drive with the flag pole. Teen Driver Challenge students will meet inside the lobby.